By Yongmei, Zheng
Read or Download Bio-inspired wettability surfaces : developments in micro- and nanostructures PDF
Best physical chemistry books
Integrating assurance of polymers and organic macromolecules right into a unmarried textual content, actual Chemistry of Macromolecules is punctiliously dependent to supply a transparent and constant source for newcomers and execs alike. the elemental wisdom of either biophysical and actual polymer chemistry is roofed, besides very important phrases, simple structural homes and relationships.
Hydrogen has the aptitude to play an immense position as a sustainable and environmentally appropriate power service within the twenty first century. This record describes the medical and technical demanding situations linked to the creation of hydrogen utilizing warmth and/or electrical energy from nuclear energy crops, with specific emphasis on fresh advancements in high-temperature electrolysis and using diversified chemical thermodynamic tactics.
Gas-phase ion chemistry is a vast box which has many purposes and which encompasses a number of branches of chemistry and physics. An software that pulls jointly a lot of those branches is the synthesis of molecules in interstellar clouds. This used to be a part of the inducement for reviews at the neutralization of ions by way of electrons and on isomerization in ion-neutral institutions.
Zu den Büchern, die die Welt bewegten, gehört Erwin Schrödingers Meisterstück naturwissenschaftlicher Prosa »Was ist Leben? «. Die Vorlesungen des Physikers und Nobelpreisträgers sind erstmals 1944 veröffentlicht worden. In der Einführung zur Neuausgabe erklärt der Biologe und Physiker Ernst Peter Fischer, wie Schrödinger damit die Erforschung der physikalischen Struktur genetischer info begründet hat.
- Dynamics of Surfactant Self-Assemblies: Micelles, Microemulsions, Vesicles and Lyotropic Phases
- Handbook of Laboratory Distillation, With an Introduction to Pilot Plant Distillation (Techniques & Instrumentation in Analytical Chemistry)
- Gas Ion Mobilities in Ether-Hydrogen Mixtures
- Techniques and Mechanisms in Electrochemistry
- Molecular Theory of Solutions
Extra resources for Bio-inspired wettability surfaces : developments in micro- and nanostructures
This kind of smart oil/water separation materials exhibits switchable superhydrophobicity–superhydrophilicity, and underwater superoleophobicity at the special oil–water–solid threephase interface. 34 demonstrates the photo-induced oil/ water separation process with a home-made device. The aligned ZnO nanorod array coated mesh film was fixed with a glass funnel. Firstly, a little amount of water was poured into the upper glass funnel to form a water film on the coated mesh film. Then the mixture of oil and water with ratio of 3:7 in volume was poured into the upper glass funnel.
PNIPAAm shrinks as the temperature increases, but it still possesses a larger surface area. Therefore, the BCP of PMMA-bPNIPAAm film is hydrophobic. PMMA shows underwater oleophilic property. 25 In water, the BCP of PMMA-b-PNIPAAm selfassembles into a lamellar structure. PNIPAAm domains lay in between the hard walls of PMMA on a nanometer scale. Water tends to release from the confined space. The degree of dehydration of PNIPAAm can become quite high with the aid of PMMA in the nanostructure. The nanoPNIPAAm domains become more oleophilic.
19. Osborn JM, Schneider EL (1988) Morphological-studies of the Nymphaeaceae Sensu Lato. 16. The floral biology of Brasenia-Schreberi. Ann Mo Bot Gard, 75(3), 778–794. 20. Liu MJ, Wang ST, Wei ZX, Song YL, Jiang L (2009) Bioinspired design of a superoleophobic and low adhesive water/solid interface, Adv Mater, 21(6), 665–669. 21. Qunfeng C: Unpublished Data. 22. Jung YC, Bhushan B (2009) Wetting behavior of water and oil droplets in three-phase interfaces for hydrophobicity/philicity and oleophobicity/philicity†, Langmuir, 25(24), 14165–14173.
Bio-inspired wettability surfaces : developments in micro- and nanostructures by Yongmei, Zheng